Skip to main content

Credit for your military career may be accepted at Colorado Mesa University to be used towards graduation requirements. You must request your military transcript from all services except the Air Force to be sent directly to the Veteran Services Office at Joint Services Transcript. To request transcripts from the Air Force, visit the Community College of the Air Force.  Specific directions for requesting JST transcripts. 

Additionally, credit from previous college courses may transfer. Learn more about transfer credit and evaluation.

Request transcripts to be sent directly from the military and/or previous institution(s) to:
Colorado Mesa University 
Veteran Services 
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501

How many transfer credits can I receive from my military service?

The maximum credits Colorado Mesa University awards for military service is 30 lower division credits. These credits are determined by comparing your completed training to the ACE guides.

How do my credits from the military fit into my degree program?

Once your military credits have been evaluated, you can either visit with your Faculty Advisor or an Academic Advisor in the Advising Center. They will help you determine where the credits fit into your degree program and what courses are remaining for you to earn your degree.

For help with these or any other questions, contact the CMU Veteran's Benefits and Services Coordinator in the Veteran Services office, in Houston Hall 121, by email at [email protected] or by phone at 970.248.1739.