Skip to main content

Colorado Mesa University's Transfer Services team is here to assist students with their transition to CMU. We help students navigate the transfer admission process, understand how credits transfer, assist with solving transfer problems and participate in scheduling and advising for incoming transfer students.

What is a transfer student?

You are a transfer student if you are currently attending, or have attended, a community college or other four-year college/university after high school graduation or earning a GED. You are transferring to CMU from a different college/university.

Admission Requirements

Step 2

Submit Transcripts

Electronic Transcript Services:

*Official college and high school transcripts must be sent directly to a CMU official or CMU office from your previous institution or an electronic transcript delivery service.

Electronic transcripts should be emailed to: [email protected].

Official transcripts can be mailed to:
Colorado Mesa University Admissions Office
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501

  1. Official College Transcripts

    Must provide official transcript from every college/university attended, regardless of the type or amount of credit, academic status, or time elapsed since credit was earned. CMU utilizes the National Student Clearinghouse to verify that all college transcripts are received for applicants. Failure to provide all college transcripts is grounds for rejection or dismissal.

  2. If you have NOT completed 24 college credits yet after high school, we also require

    official high school transcript or GED scores.

  3. Optional: SAT/ACT scores

    If you took the SAT/ACT and you have NOT completed 25 college credit hours after high school, results may be used for admission and CMU Merit Scholarship eligibility. If you send your results after you are admitted, you will automatically be reconsidered for scholarship purposes. (If you have completed 25 or more college credit hours after high school, you will be reviewed for transfer scholarships based on your cumulative transfer GPA — SAT/ACT results are not a criteria for consideration.)

Step 3

Optional: Essay and Letters of Recommendation

Although recommended, Colorado Mesa University does NOT require letters of recommendation or essays. If submitted they will be reviewed and considered in the admission of a student.

Letters of recommendation are especially helpful for students who are concerned about their admissibility.

An essay provides a forum for students to tell us more about who they are, what they are interested in and how they will be successful in their pursuit of higher education. This can also be especially helpful in the consideration of an applicant who has had a particularly difficult year for a variety of reasons. 

  1. Optional: Letters of Recommendation

    Submit letters that address academic preparedness in their field of interest, work ethic, promise, and motivation. While a letter of recommendation can assist in the admissions process, the actual admission of a student is based upon a review of the entire application.

  2. Optional: Essay

    For those students who are concerned about their admissibility - an essay is highly encouraged and will be reviewed by the Admissions Review Committee. It will likely have bearing on the admission for that particular student.