Skip to main content

We understand that the transfer of your college credits will be a primary factor in your decision to become a CMU Maverick.

A preliminary transfer credit evaluation (PTCE) provides a preview of how completed credits will transfer to CMU. Although the PTCE is preliminary, it follows the same evaluation criteria the Registrar's Office uses to review official transcripts after students are admitted.

To see how your credits will transfer to CMU, use the Transfer Equivalency Self-Service (TESS) software. For step-by-step instructions of the TESS software and course equivalency, check out the Registrar's Office Transfer Evaluations guide.

If you have any questions about TESS or the transfer admission process, do not hesitate to contact the Transfer Services team at [email protected]