Monthly Enrollment Verification for Post 9/11 -                    Now required by VA!

Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) facility Students:

Effective for terms starting on or after 12/17/21, monthly enrollment verification is required to continue receiving MHA/kicker.

Learn more about how to opt into text verification! #GIBill

Link to Enrollment Verification Webpage

Like the Veteran Services Facebook Page!

Keep up to date with everything going on in Veteran Services, get reminders of what is due now, and other helpful information.  Like us at  


Veteran Laptop Project

Spring 2022: If you are a veteran or dependent taking fall classes at CMU, you will be given an opportunity to rent a laptop for the semester.  The rental fee for the semester is $50. We currently have 20 laptops left for rent. You will sign a contract stating you will return the laptop by the due date or you will be charged the entire amount of the laptop.  The $50 rental fee will be placed on your student account and can be paid with your FASFA.  IT will be doing all repairs on the laptops, should they need it.   

Email: [email protected]


 All students using veteran benefits must do Total Withdrawals and class withdrawals through the Veterans Services office!  If you are in Montrose or WCCC campus, please contact us at (970) 248-1739.




The Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program Emergency Grants

Emergency grants are available on an ongoing basis for eligible veterans who are enrolled in post-secondary education and experience unexpected financial difficulties that might cause them to drop out of school. Grants will be available for a one-time distribution up to $1,000 based on the cost of emergency need, such as rent, utilities, daycare, and medical expenses. For more information or to apply, visit More information about Wells Fargo’s support of service members, veterans, and their families is available at


Boundless Opportunity

The Boundless Opportunity Scholarship (BOS) benefits motivated non-traditional students who recognize the value of an education in creating a better life for themselves and their families. The CMU BOS serves four non-traditional student populations (adult learners age 25+ , GED recipients, previous foster youth and returning military), and is intended to help students able to demonstrate the need for financial assistance as they invest in themselves through continued education.