Skip to main content

Which Veteran Affairs Education Benefits am I able to receive?

Use the information below to determine what educational benefit you are eligible for and then apply online. For general information on all education programs offered through the VA visit the official Veterans Affairs Education website or call the GI Bill Hotline at 1-888-442-4551.

What is considered Full-Time?

To receive full-time benefits for the semester, you must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours every day of the semester. Given that there are different start times — ex., late start, variable term and first and second mod — you must pay attention to the start and end dates to ensure that at all times you are at a 12 credit minimum. If you register for 12 credits but not all the classes begin and end on the same dates, you will not be considered as full-time for VA benefits. Full time for CMU Financial Aide is different than Full-Time for the VA.

The VA will not pay for remedial courses taken online, such as MATC 090/091, ENGC 090/092 and READ 092. These classes must be taken in-seat in order to be certified for VA payment.


VA Education Benefits Explained

 Current Pay Rates


GI Bill Comparison Tool

See the Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA stipend) for CMU.

GI Bill Comparison Tool