Duplicate Diploma Request

Colorado Mesa University officially changed its name from Mesa State College on August 10, 2011. Although the name changed, the qualities that make CMU a great institution remain the same.

How do I order a new diploma?

Requests should be submitted via the CMU Marketplace. Orders must be submitted and purchased by the graduate to comply with federal education records law (FERPA).

General Information

The Registrar's Office processes diplomas and transcripts. Requests can be processed only after all outstanding financial obligations to the university are met.

As noted above, requests should be submitted via the CMU Marketplace. If online ordering is not working for you, please contact the Registrar's Office for assistance.


Diplomas and transcripts from Grand Junction Junior College, Grand Junction State Junior College, Mesa College and Mesa State College are still valid. Once you earn a degree from our institution, the name of the college/university does not change the degree earned, nor the date it was awarded. Legally, any new documentation will have Colorado Mesa University, but all prior documentation is still valid.



There is no set standard, but many list the name of the new institution followed by the name used when you received your degree. This will make it easier for anyone searching for the institution. For example: Bachelor of Arts from Colorado Mesa University (formerly known as Mesa State College). After August 10, 2011, all transcripts issued are from Colorado Mesa University. To request an official copy of your transcripts, visit the Registrar's Office.

Generally, you need an official or unofficial transcript. This is the official document showing proof of a degree earned. Follow the transcript request procedures through the Registrar's Office to obtain a transcript.

If you have questions about how the name change affects you as an alumnus, contact Jared Meier, Director of Alumni Relations, at 970.248.1945 or alumni@coloradomesa.edu.