Understanding My Academic Requirements

DegreeWorks Report:

DegreeWorks is a web-based degree audit tool that gives you the ability to see where you are in your degree program and to see what requirements are remaining for you to finish your degree. Your advisor can help you interpret the degree audit and provide advice on which courses to take next.

For more information about DegreeWorks including how-to videos, click here.

View DegreeWorks Report


Program Sheet:

A program sheet is a listing of detailed program requirements for a specific academic year.  

View Program Sheets


Essential Learning List:

The Essential Learning and General Education requirements are a set of University-wide basic courses that form the foundation of all undergraduate degree programs.  

View Essential Learning Lists


If you took Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses in High School and completed the tests for the courses, you may have earned college credits that could apply to your degree requirements.  Use the AP and IB course equivalency charts below to see what course credit you might receive.

 AP Course Equivalencies   

 IB Course Equivalencies


Transfer Credit:

If you complete college credits at another institution, you will need to submit all official transcripts to CMU. These credits will be evaluated by the Registrar’s Office, and if accepted, the credits will be applied to your record and may meet specific requirements for your degree program. 

If your transfer credits have not been evaluated by the Registrar's Office staff yet, you can do your own preliminary review using the Transfer Equivalency Self-Service (TESS) software.

Access TESS