Appealing Out-of-State Residency Classification

The initial residency classification is made by the Office of Admission based on the information provided on the application for admission. Failure to answer all questions could lead to initial classification as "out-of-state." After the student's status is determined, it remains unchanged in the absence of satisfactory evidence to the contrary.

Students who have initially been denied eligibility for in-state tuition may use CMU’s Residency Update Form to appeal this decision.

Current students wanting to change their tuition classification may use CMU's Residency Petition to petition for in-state tuition.

Please contact Jesse Taylor at 970.248.1609 or for additional information and clarification.