Transfer Scholarships are available to all first-time transfer students coming to Colorado Mesa University. Students applying for admission to Colorado Mesa University will automatically be considered for the following scholarships. Completing an additional application is not required. International students and students with previous baccalaureate degrees are NOT eligible for these awards. SAT combined score includes Math and Verbal/Critical Reading scores only.
Two Rivers Scholarship
Annual Award Amount: $2,000
Criteria: Transfer GPA: 3.50 to 4.00
Renewal Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.50
Canyon Passage Scholarship
Annual Award Amount: $1,000
Criteria: Transfer GPA: 3.00 to 3.49
Renewal Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.00
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
Annual Award Amount: $2,400 for Colorado resident or WUE/M&P students / $3,000 for out-of-state students.
- Must have completed 30 to 90 semester credits.
- 3.20 Minimum GPA.
- Must be a Phi Theta Kappa member transferring to CMU from an accredited two-year institution.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from PTK advisor (submitted to Admissions Office).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Must not already possess a bachelor's degree.
- If awarded, will replace Two Rivers or the Canyon Passage scholarship.
If you are an incoming transfer student and would like to be reconsidered for a merit scholarship due to a change in your qualifying information, please contact the Admissions Office.
The Transfer Scholarships are renewable if the student continues to meet the minimum requirements.
- Student must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester (not available during the summer session)
- Available until the student earns a bachelor's degree or reaches a maximum of 120 attempted credit hours including transfer credits.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA based on the award.
- Must have completed 25 to 105 semester credits.
- See the Terms and Conditions for additional criteria.