The Legacy Scholarship is a $1,000 annual scholarship that is available to students who are the son or daughter of a parent or court ordered legal guardian who earned an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree from Colorado Mesa University. It is available to in-state and out-of-state students, as well as students in special tuition classifications like the Western Undergraduate Exchange program or the Mountains and Plains program. This scholarship may be stacked on top of any other merit or transfer scholarships offered by Colorado Mesa University. If both of the student’s parents or legal guardians are graduates, the student may only receive one award. An eligibility form must be completed in order to be considered for this scholarship.
- Student must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more per semester) in undergraduate course of study.
- The student must be degree seeking with either a certificate, associates or baccalaureate degree.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen, valid permanent resident or admitted with ASSET status/
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA or college GPA from all colleges attended.
Renewal Criteria (all criteria must be met to be eligible)
- Student must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester (not available during the summer session).
- Maintain cumulative Colorado Mesa University GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Available until the student earns a bachelor’s degree or reaches a maximum of 120 attempted credit hours.
For additional questions, please contact the CMU’s Tuition Classification Office in the Admissions Office at 970.248.1875.