The First Generation Scholarship is a $1,000 annual scholarship that is awarded to freshmen students whose parents have not graduated with a four-year degree. A first-year student may have up to 24 accepted credit hours from another institution or high school. Completing an additional application is not required for first-time students. This scholarship may be stacked on top of any other merit or transfer scholarships offered by Colorado Mesa University beginning fall of 2016.
- Must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Renewal Criteria (all criteria must be met to be eligible):
- Student must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester (not available during the summer session).
- Maintain cumulative Colorado Mesa University GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Available until the student earns a bachelor's degree or reaches a maximum of 120 attempted credit hours.