New for 2015-16: FSA ID Replaces the PIN!
- A new Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) will replace the Personal Identification Number (PIN) for students, parents, and borrowers accessing Federal Student Aid Systems.
- The FSA ID is a secure way to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information.
- The FSA ID must be used to electronically sign the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by students, parents and borrowers.
- You will use this each year that you apply for federal aid an to complete Master Promissory Notes.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The FAFSA is the federal government's application to determine financial aid eligibility for most types of financial aid.
- Applications can be filled out online.
- Be sure to list Colorado Mesa University in order for us to receive your information. Our school code is 001358.
- If you have any question or concerns about filling out your online FAFSA application, please contact the Colorado Mesa University Office of Financial Aid 970.248.1396.
- If additional documentation is necessary, the Financial Aid Office will be notify you via the student's MAVzone, email, and/or mail.
- If no extra documentation is needed, you will receive an "Award Letter".
- First time students will receive an award letter in the mail in addition to being able to view their award in their MAVzone.
- Returning students will be able to view their award offer in their MAVzone account.
Go to your MAVzone to accept your award offer, complete the Terms and Conditions, and check any next steps that you may need to complete.
- If you will be accepting a Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS), then the parent or step-parent applying for th eloan will need to complete the Federal Direct PLUS (Parent) Authorization Form (be sure to fill out the form for the year in which you are applying) and submit it to the Financial Aid office for a credit check which takes about 3 business days.