Golden Scholars Program
The Golden Scholars program is an opportunity for persons 60 years of age and over to take courses at a discounted rate without the stress of earning a grade. The program benefits:
Enroll in almost any Colorado Mesa University course
- No grades will be assigned as the course is taken under a noncredit "audit" status.
- The tuition rate is $25 per credit hour plus any regular course fees for the no grade, audit status.
- Please keep in mind that J-Term and on-line courses are set fee based courses and the Golden Scholars Tuition Rate will not apply to these courses. See our Tuition and Fees page for current charges for Online Courses.
- Easy library access with a Colorado Mesa University Student MAVcard
Computer access including e-mail, course downloads, and enhanced online access
Discounts on athletic and music/theatre events
- Access to purchase a $30 per month Rec Center membership
How do I:
Complete the Golden Scholars application (click to view the fillable PDF), print and sign, then return it to the Registrar's Office. There is no application fee but please allow up to 3 business days for our office to process your application prior to when you would like to enroll in courses. You will receive a letter confirming your application has been processed and that you have been admitted to the college as a non-degree seeking student. The letter will include your student ID number, username, and password which are used to access your MAVzone and enroll in courses. For additional Information please contact the Registrar's Office at 970-248-1555.
Tuition and fees are not assessed until you are officially enrolled in the course(s). Payment is due to the Office of Student Accounts by the first day of class. Tuition and fees can be paid online through MAVzone or to Student Accounts. As noted above, the tuition rate is $25 per credit hour for any in class courses plus any regular course fees. Most lecture courses do not have an additional course fee. Typical courses with additional fees are art, science labs, technology-based courses, online/distance courses, and a handful of specialized Extended Studies courses. Course fees are listed in the "Fees" column of the course schedule. For additional Information please contact Student Accounts at 970-248-1567.
Please keep in mind that on-line, summer, and J-term classes are set fee based courses and the Golden Scholars Tuition rates will not apply to these courses. See our Tuition and Fees page for current charges for On-line Courses.