El Pomar Natatorium
El Pomar Natatorium is one of the premier aquatic facilities in the western United States. It's versatile enough to handle any event. With over 800,000 gallons of water, four diving boards, hundreds of configurations, and a state-of-the-art timing system, this is the place to be for all your aquatics services. Open swim available throughout the day except during special events.
Pool Configuration/Lane Schedule
- Masters Swim- Many members of the CMU community are doing workouts on their own. Anyone interested in organized masters swimming workouts during morning hours please contact the Masters Swim Coach, Megan Takakura. There is a $20 monthly coaching fee, in addition to the monthly Swim Membership.
- Monday-Friday 5:45 a.m. to 7 a.m.
- Swimming and Diving Lessons- Group and private lessons are available for adults and children of all ages. For registration and rates, contact aquatics director Ed Stehlin at 970.248.1139 or Cami Kidd or click below on Maverick Aquatics website and register today!
- Outside Groups and Clubs- Outside groups and clubs will have access to rent portions of the facility at off-peak hours. For details and scheduling, contact Lynn Wilson at email@example.com or Michael Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pool Rental For Private Groups- During down time the community can rent parts of El Pomar Natatorium. A minimum of two lifeguards is required for groups up to twenty-five participants. Make reservations by contacting Lynn Wilson or Michael Hughes.
- Swim Meets- Swimming meets are held at various times throughout the year and scheduling of
these meets will take into consideration the CMU community. We will try schedule
meets at times that minimize the interruption of lap swim hours.
- Kayaking and scuba classes will be offered through the Colorado Mesa University Outdoor
Program. For details, please contact the Outdoor Program desk at 970.248.1428.
- A 50-meter competition pool, ten lanes wide and eight feet deep, with two movable bulkheads.
- 25-yards wide, 23 lanes.
- The diving well features a pair of one- and three- meter boards.
- Water agitators.
- In addition to the 750 permanent balcony seats, there is room for 500 temporary seats.
- Showcasing a new state-of-the-art Colorado Timing Systems, 21-foot by 10-foot digital video display audio/
video display system. (Displays full color scores, text, graphics, animations, and logos for multiple sports. Over 1 billion colors and 4 levels of brightness control.)
- Twenty-two loudspeakers surround the pool.
- Colorado Time Systems Relay Judging Platforms with speedlights.
- Colorado Time Systems Aqua-grip touch pads.
- Paragon sand top starting platforms with quickset anchor.