High Altitude Training
Colorado Mesa University invites teams to utilize our facilities for your summer or holiday. Grand Junction, bordered by the Rocky Mountains, has an altitude of 4593 ft. Learn more about Grand Junction.
For more information regarding Maverick Aquatics please contact:
El Pomar Natatorium
Constructed in 2009, El Pomar Natatorium is one of the premier aquatic facilities in the Western United States. Features include:
- A 50-meter competition pool, ten lanes wide and eight feet deep, with two movable bulkheads
- 25-yards wide, 23 lanes
- The diving well features a pair of one- and three- meter boards
- Water agitators
- In addition to the 750 permanent balcony seats, there is room for 500 temporary seats
- Showcasing a new state-of-the-art Colorado Timing Systems, 21-foot by 10-foot digital video display audio/ video display system (Displays full color scores, text, graphics, animations, and logos for multiple sports. Over 1 billion colors and 4 levels of brightness control)
- Twenty-two loudspeakers surround the pool
- Colorado Time Systems Relay Judging Platforms with speedlights
- Colorado Time Systems Aqua-grip touch pads
- Paragon sand top starting platforms with quickset anchor
The Colorado Mesa University campus has all the amenities needed for a successful, higher altitude training stint. Weight rooms are available upon request. There are also ten on-campus residence buildings that can be arranged for housing teams and providing meals.