Department of Theatre Arts
In the Department of Theatre Arts at Colorado Mesa University, you won't get lost in the shuffle. With around 130 majors, the department is large enough to produce an intensive performance schedule consisting of nearly 30 offerings per year, yet small enough for faculty members to devote their energies to the development of each student. We offer Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in Dance and Theatre. Several concentrations are available, including a BFA in Acting/Directing, Dance, and Music Theatre, and a BA in Design/Technology and General Theatre. Minors in Theatre, Dance, and Speech are also available.
Make Colorado Mesa University your undergraduate home, and you'll see a nearly unlimited range of possibilities unfold before your very eyes. Acting. Directing. Singing. Dancing. Design. Management. Graduate study. In short-SUCCESS.
"Keep not quitting"
Broadway star Beth Malone inspires theatre majors
Student Learning Outcomes
All CMU baccalaureate graduates are expected to demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking, communication fluency, quantitative fluency, and specialized knowledge/applied learning. In addition to these campus-wide student learning outcomes, graduates of this major will be able to:
1. Communicate verbally contemporary and enduring concepts concerning Human Culture through participation and/or observation of the performing arts and speech. (Specialized Knowledge/ Communication)
2. Communicate non-verbally contemporary and enduring concepts concerning Human Culture through participation and/or observation of the performing arts and speech. (Specialized Knowledge/ Communication)
3. Create progressively more challenging projects through the use of intellectual and/or practical skills. (Applied Learning)
4. Demonstrate teamwork and problem solving skills through collaboration and cooperation on creative projects. (Critical Thinking)
5. Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and versatility of the discipline from conceptualization to application. (Applied Learning)