Skip to main content

State and Federal work-study funds are awarded through Financial Aid. These programs provide funding to qualifying students to work to earn an hourly wage through employment in a variety of on-campus jobs and is paid semi-monthly through direct deposit to a personal banking account not your CMU Student Account.

State work-study is limited to the residents of the State of Colorado.  

MAVworks Funding

MAVworks is a type of internally funded work-study award available to qualifying students who complete the online application. Awards are offered on a first come first serve basis, as long as funds are available.

Application opens August 1 and January 1.   

Applying students must meet the following qualifications:

  1. Completed FAFSA
    • Qualifying In-State- ASSET students may complete the CASFA
    • International students who cannot qualify for Federal or Sate Financial Aid will need proof of eligibility for US employment
  2. Have a GPA of 3.0 or better
    • New students will be evaluated based on HS or Transfer GPA
  3. Be ineligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant
  4. Not have been awarded State or Federal work-study within the same academic year