The Outdoor Program is Colorado Mesa University's headquarters for outdoor adventure and education. We are a student fee funded organization, whose purpose is to offer and promote affordable, safe, environmentally conscious, common adventure trips, outdoor trainings, and equipment rental. The Outdoor Program serves as an informational resource and learning center to the CMU community regarding outdoor recreation. No experience is necessary to enjoy the adventures!
We aim to inspire passion for self development by providing opportunities for life changing experiences.
Office and Rental Hours
7 days a week
9 am - 5 pm
970.248.1428 (OP Office)
Ryan Dutch (Coordinator)
Follow us on social media
- Clinics - FREE outdoor skills workshops
- Equipment Rentals - We rent out all of our gear for a very CHEAP price.
- Tuesday and Thursday Afternoon Outings - FREE weekly outdoor activities; 2pm
- Kayak Sessions- FREE roll sessions every Monday at the pool; 8pm
- Accredited Classes in Rock Climbing, Kayaking, Rafting, Telemark Skiing, Orienteering and more...
- Common Adventure Trips- FREE to set up and post any of your own common adventure trips.
Common Adventure Trips We Can Accommodate
- Backcountry Skiing/Snowboarding
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Ice Climbing
- Sky Diving
- ...and much more, stop in!