International Student Exchange Program
Welcome to the International Student Exchange Programs (ISEP) at Colorado Mesa University! CMU faculty and administration understand the value of an international study experience.
ISEP is a membership-based organization that coordinates university-level student exchanges in a network of over 300 universities in 50 countries. CMU joined the ISEP network in 2009, with students first participating in exchanges during the 2010-2011 academic year.
So, Where Will You Go?
Ready to take your education to a global level? Consider spending a semester or full year abroad, and get ready for the experience of a lifetime! There are several ways to participate in ISEP. Learn more by attending an upcoming information session and reading details below about the various ways you can take your education international!
- $390 application fee.
- CMU students exchange places with students from international member universities for a semester or a year.
- Outgoing students pay CMU tuition and fees (for 15 credit hours based on the student's tuition classification) and housing and meal costs.
- Incoming students pay their home university's costs for tuition, fee, meals and housing.
- Placements in some countries (i.e., United Kingdom, Malta, New Zealand, and Australia) can be very competitive and students may not receive their first choice placement.
- It is unlikely for two CMU students to be placed together at the same host university.
- $390 application fee (goes towards program deposit).
- Students enroll directly in the host university and pay a program fee to ISEP, which varies depending on the program but is generally more expensive per semester than CMU.
- The Direct Program Fee covers the costs of tuition, orientation and student services at the host university, and in some cases, meals and/or housing as well.
- Students may be more likely to get placed at their first choice location.
- There is usually a very good chance of placement for all qualified students, so it may be possible to study abroad with a friend.
Eligibility to Participate
To be eligible for an ISEP program students must have at least a sophomore standing and a 2.75 GPA or higher. Some programs have stricter requirements. Students interested in applying must be approved by CMU's ISEP Faculty Coordinator, Dr. Hatten. Learn more at www.isep.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.