The Physics Program at Colorado Mesa University holds weekly seminars during the academic year. Each seminar consists of a physics-related presentation by a CMU faculty member, student or a visitor. These are free and open to all. Coffee and cookies will be provided.
Wubben Science 111
- Januiary 19th: None
- January 26th: None
- February 2nd: Dr. Daniel Koury, Radiochemistry Group, University of Las Vegas, "Characterization of the mechanism of bi-layer oxide growth on austenitic stainless steels 316L and D9 in oxygen-controlled lead-bismuth eutectic (LBE)"
- February 9th: Dr. Bill Tiernan, Physics, Colorado Mesa University, "The Kosterlitz-Thouless Transition: A strange ordering transition in two dimensions"
- February 16th: Dr. Anwar Shiekh, Physics, Colorado Mesa University, "Black Hole Information Paradox"
- February 23rd: Dr. Cassandra Fenton, Geology, Colorado Mesa University, "The Spice Project: Preliminary Cosmogenic Nuclide Production Rates in Quartz Calibrated at the ~70 KA SP Lava Flow in Arizona"
- March 2nd: Dr. Chad Middleton, Physics, Colorado Mesa University, "Einstein's Theory of General Relativity & Black Holes"
- March 9th: Cover Letter Workshop
- March 16th: Dr. Brian Hosterman, Physics, Colorado Mesa University, "X-Ray Diffraction Investigation of the Jahn-Teller Distortion in Solid Solution Copper-Magnesium Chromite"
- March 23rd: SPRING BREAK
- March 30th: Eric Stauffer, Medical Physics, St. Mary's Hospital
- April 6th: Dr. Phil Gustafson, Math, Colorado Mesa University
- April 13th: Dr. Russ Walker, Environmental Sciences, Colorado Mesa University
- April 20th: Christopher Carter, Physics, Colorado Mesa University
- April 27th: Jeremiah Moskal, Physics, Colorado Mesa University