Energy and Environment Symposium
Garfield County and the CMU Unconventional Energy Center
April 20 & 21, 2016
This two day event is tailored to meet the needs of municipal and county officials tasked with navigating planning, social, fiscal, regulatory and environmental issues related to oil and gas development. Last year 188 local government staff and elected officials from across Colorado participated. We will have a fresh agenda for 2016 so please come join us April 20 & 21, 2016 in Rifle, Colo.
Anyone who regulates the energy industry on behalf of local governments, including municipal and county planners, city and county elected officials and managers, finance officers, and other local leaders.
Oil and Gas Topics Include:
- Navigating O&G development in urban settings
- Panel discussion of contention, challenges and yes, success
- County and state mineral revenue projections through 2020
- Global and Colorado energy production and demand forecasts
- The petroleum industry resets - Perspectives on the road ahead
- Getting gas to market: Proposed Jordan Cove LNG export terminal
- Are Colorado's O&G leak detection and repair regulations working?
- What we know and don't know about the health and environmental impacts of O&G operations
- Agency alphabet soup: Executive Director updates and Q&A from COGCC, DOLA, CDPHE, APCD, DNR
- Surface and mineral owner thoughts on state versus local control
- Federal regulations: Panel discussion of the BLM Planning 2.0 rule
- KEYNOTE: Finding balance: Latest research on energy development guiding principles and values
- Back by popular demand! Opening night steak fry and networking
Grand River Medical Center Conference Facility
501 Airport Road
Rifle, CO 81650
For More Information
For more information contact Kirby Wynn, Garfield County Oil & Gas Liaison, at 970.625.5905 or