VA Application Options

Find the appropriate category below for further steps

Go to and apply for benefits.

If you opted to do the kicker, please make a note in the remarks section of the application.

Complete the Change of Program or Place of Training at Under "Ready to Apply?", select the "Updating my current education benefits" option. 

If you have a service connected injury, visit the VA Rehabilitation website to learn more about this option.

This is for spouses and/or children of veterans who have died in the line of duty or have service connected disabilities that have made them 100% total and permanently disabled. 

Go to and complete the application online (form #22-5490)

Post 9/11 Veterans who meet certain criteria can transfer a portion or his/her education benefits to spouses and/or children.

Veteran needs to complete a transfer application at

Dependent needs to complete the application online (once benefits are transferred) at (form #22-1990E)