Reserve a Library Classroom
The Library has two technology-rich instruction classrooms located on our second floor. While these are primarily used for course-related instruction by the Instruction Librarians (for more information, contact Anne Bledsoe firstname.lastname@example.org), the classrooms may also be reserved by faculty or staff on an occasional basis for classes or trainings.
Rooms 212 and 231 each have whiteboards, 34 student computer stations, and an instructor's station with a computer and projection equipment.
If you have not already coordinated an instruction session with an Instruction Librarian, here is how to schedule the room for your own use:
Please either call (970.248.1406) or email Kawna Safford (email@example.com), and provide the following information:
- Purpose or topic of study.
- Your name.
- Your phone number.
- Date and time frame requested.
- Maximum # of people you expect to be in the room.
Email and phone reservation requests are processed Monday-Friday from 8am-3pm. Requesting early gives you the best chance for a reservation - one week ahead of time is a good guideline, but at least two days advance notice is requested. You should receive an email or phone confirmation; if you do not receive a confirmation, please call Kawna Safford at 970.248.1406.
- Remember that these particular rooms are not for ongoing needs/classes, and plan on being present at all times during their use.
- No food or drink is allowed in these rooms. Please take responsibility, as the scheduler, for communicating this to participants to avoid confusion with the open food/drink policy in the rest of the Library.
- For new users of technology-rich computer classrooms: At the beginning of each semester, IT provides faculty training on the use of classroom technology. For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at 970.248.1111, online, or on the first floor of the Library.
- Information Technology is responsible for maintaining the equipment in the room and needs to be involved in any changes or modifications. If you need assistance or have special requirements, please contact the IT Help Desk, in advance when possible.
- The rooms are kept locked for security reasons. The Administrative Assistant in the Director's office (L331) will unlock the doors. If she is unavailable, please ask for help at the Checkout & Reserves desk.
- Please close the door when you leave; it will lock automatically.