The official hub for news and stories from Colorado Mesa University
CMU Hires Athletic Director and Rounds Out Leadership Team

Kimberly Miller, PhD, will serve Colorado Mesa University athletics as new director

Enthusiasm is contagious, and Kimberly Miller, PhD, has a lot of it. Her time in intercollegiate athletics has served her well, providing her with 20 years of experience, and a passion for creating robust athletic programs and an exceptional experience for student-athletes.

On June 29, Colorado Mesa University announced Miller will serve the institution as the next athletic director, overseeing the department, its 26 NCAA Division II programs, two varsity programs and more than 700 student-athletes. She joins CMU from Augustana University, where she currently serves as the deputy athletic director, director of compliance and senior woman administrator.

“Dr. Miller is the person we have been searching for. She’s intelligent, experienced and driven, and we’re thrilled to have someone of her caliber to continue CMU’s winning tradition and great culture,” said President John Marshall. 

Miller said she is excited and ready to get to work.  

“Over the years, I’ve watched CMU and their athletic programs, how they’ve grown, excelled and all of the accolades, and I knew this was the place I wanted to be,” said Miller. “Past leadership has done an excellent job and my goal is to continue to move that needle forward and be outstanding coaches, administrators, student-athletes as well as win more national championships.” 

Miller said she's grateful to all the people who have helped her get to this point — those that pushed her forward, taught her what it means to work hard and gave her the tools and the opportunities “to progress in my career to where I've always wanted to be, which is one an athletic director but also an athletic director at a great institution.” 

Categories:

Written by Kelsey Coleman