Skip to main content

If you have used your GI Bill® benefits at an institution of higher education other than CMU, you must inform the VA of your intent to change where you will earn a degree. Please visit to do this.

 If you have previously attended CMU and skipped more than two consecutive semesters, you will need to submit a Returning Student Application.

Finally, always make sure to fill out the Veteran's Enrollment Certification Request E-Form for every semester you attend CMU.

If you plan on taking courses at an institution in addition to CMU to fulfill your degree, a Concurrent Enrollment Transfer Agreement Form must be signed by your academic advisor. The CMU Veteran's Benefits and Services Coordinator will then submit an enrollment certification request to your secondary school.

If you have additional transfer questions, please visit

Contact the CMU Veteran's Benefits and Services Coordinator in the Veteran Services office, located in Houston Hall 121, by email at [email protected] or by phone at 970.248.1739 if you have any questions.

*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at