Skip to main content

It is the policy of Colorado Mesa University (CMU) to provide for the inclusion, safety and security of all members of its campus community. CMU believes that academic freedom can only flourish in an environment that is free of discrimination, criminal or other abusive behavior and/or unsafe conditions. Colorado Mesa is committed to maintaining the campus community as a place of study, work and residence that is free from abuse, intimidation and harassment and where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. The university will not tolerate criminal activity and will actively pursue internal discipline, criminal prosecution, or both, for all offenders. Learn more about safety at Colorado Mesa University, and see the annual Clery Security/Fire Safety report.

Report It

Grand Junction Police Department

All police services on the Colorado Mesa University campus are provided by the Grand Junction Police Department. The officers assigned to the campus have a substation located on campus at 1060 Orchard Avenue in the Student Wellness Center.
To report a crime that is an EMERGENCY, dial 911.

The non-emergent phone number for the GJPD is 970.242.6707. Individuals may also report incidents in person at the campus offices of the GJPD.

Campus Security Authorities

"Campus security authority" is a Clery-specific term defined as a campus official with significant responsibility for campus and student activities. Should an individual choose not to report directly to the Grand Junction Police Department as noted above, they may report the incident to one of the Campus Security Authorities listed below:
Vice President of Student Services 970.248.1366
Student Conduct Officer 970.248.1336 
Coordinator of Inclusivity 970.248.1008
Title IX Coordinator 970.248.1366
Department Heads 970.248.1881
Advisors of Student Clubs 970.248.1250
Any Residence Life Staff (Director, Assistant Directors, Area and Residence Hall Coordinators, RAs) 970.248.1536
Athletic Directors and Coaches 970.248.1503

A voluntary report of any crime can be made to the Vice President of Student Services by any person directly associated with the University.

You can also use the "Report It" form to file a report.  

Crime Stoppers

Individuals may report crimes anonymously through Crime Stoppers. The Crime Stoppers phone line is not recorded and has no caller ID. Information provided by callers is routed to the law enforcement agency investigating the case. If information leads to an arrest, up to $1,000 may be awarded to the caller. Individuals may provide information about a crime or suspect by calling 970.241.STOP (7867) or 1.800.221.STOP (7867).

Affirmative Action Representative

Jill Knuckles 970.248.1820