2016 Water Course: Planning for Resilience
February 18 & 25 + March 3, 6-9pm
Colorado Mesa University Center - Meyer Ballroom
Will live-stream at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coloradomesalive (but will not be recorded for later viewing)
Those watching on the live-stream can email questions for presenters to email@example.com.
Continuing Education Credits:
- Each session has been approved for 3 hours of real estate continuing education credit towards license renewal.
- The complete series has been approved for .6 SU Credits for the Colorado Operators Certification Program.
- Session 2, February 25, has been approved for 3 General Continuing Legal Education Credits.
February 18, 6-9pm
Hydrology & Climate in Western CO
Colorado’s Climate and Water Plans
- Taryn Finnessey, CO Water Conservation Board - Presentation
February 25, 6-9pm
Water Rights and Legal Issues in the Grand Valley
- Mark Hermundstad, Williams, Turner & Holmes, PC - Presentation
Colorado Water Law and History
- Retired CO Supreme Court Justice Gregory J. Hobbs, Jr. - Presentation
March 3, 6-9pm
Resilience in Grand Valley Domestic Water Systems
- Joe Burtard, Ute Water - Presentation
Planning for Resilience in Home Landscaping
- Susan Carter, CSU Extension
Planning for Resilience in Agriculture
- Perry Cabot, Colorado Water Institute - Presentation
Cost: $45/ whole series; $20/ individual session; if cost is a barrier to participation, limited scholarships are available. Inquire via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: Course is free for CMU faculty, students and staff.