News and Events
Center for Teacher Education has two student clubs
Check out our new CTE Clubs page to find out how CTE students are working with children in our community to promote learning and education. Also view pictures and posts by our clubs on our CTE Facebook Page.
Facebook Group Page!
Our Center for Teacher Education Department is on Facebook. Please find us and "like" us on Facebook. Look for: Colorado Mesa University - Center for Teacher Education. This is a great resource for current CTE events, on new job openings, and to stay connected!
ITL Program is a Master's of Arts Degree!
Our Initial Teacher Licensure Elementary & Secondary (Math, Science, Social Studies, English or Spanish) programs are now a Master's degree. To apply to this program, please contact Cynthia Chovich, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Praxis II is offered at CMU and accepted for licensure areas--see CDE News below
- Visit the Praxis Colorado Test Requirements page for more information
- For cut score information, see the CTE Required Content Testing page
Undergraduate and/or graduate scholarship available
Offered by the Saccomanno Higher Education Foundation. Applicants must be Mesa County Residents. For more information, please see: www.saccomannoed.org. (Due by April 1st for 2016/17 school year.)
Denver Delta Kappa Gamma Award for Student Teachers
This award is available to a woman who is preparing for a degree and teacher certification, and who will be completing her final year in one of the colleges or universities in Colorado during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Delta Kappa Gamma Award Information and Application Packet
- Applications must be returned no later than January 22, 2016.
Winter Stem Camps - Dec 19-23, 2016
Our teacher education clubs will be hosting a week long STEM-athon from 9am-4 pm, Dec 19-23 on the CMU campus. Students from grades 3rd to 8th are welcome to register for one day ($40) or the whole week ($190). Each day campers will be given a STEM challenge that they will collaboratively solve as building chrystal ornaments, lego challenges, old world crafters, technology programming and so much more. Click the link to register today: https://secure.touchnet.com/C21035_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=4411
News from CDE about Exam Changes per https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/edprepandlicensingcontentassessmentproject2016:
- The newly adopted Praxis exams will be accepted in Colorado based on our Colorado Endorsement Requirements after June 9, 2016 and will be available to be taken in Colorado after September 1, 2016.
- The current Elementary Praxis exam #5018 will be offered in Colorado until September 1. After September 1, 2016, the newly adopted Praxis Elementary Exam #5001 Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects will be available to be taken in Colorado. Praxis exam #5001 replaces exam #5018 as the required exam.
- The last administration of all PLACE exams will be May 6, 2017. Scores from these exams will be accepted until May 6, 2022 if taken prior to May 6, 2017.
- 7.03(4) states that applicants will have a maximum of five years from the date of a discontinued content assessment to use the successful content assessment scores for fulfillment of endorsement criteria. View a list of all Previous Versions of Colorado Approved Content Exams