Stop Abuse in Relationships (StAR)
Colorado Mesa University's StAR's goal is to provide a safe and supporting environment for students by providing resources to prevent interpersonal violence. Here at CMU we want to provide advocacy and support for victims of sexual violence, stalking, sexual harassment, and relationship violence.
Join the Movement!
- Use the buddy system and never walk alone
- Never leave a friend behind
- Call / Use the Campus Safety Assistants! These staff members are here to walk with you (970.260.2683)
- Always ask for consent in a relationship
- Don't be shy about saying 'no'
- Lock your door/balcony at all times
- Download and use the Circle of 6 app
- Put the campus emergency numbers in your cell phone so you can use them in the event you find yourself in a bad situation
- (numbers available under StAR Resources)
- Use substances responsibly (remember CMU is a dry campus)
Check out our Facebook page that will include all upcoming StAR Events and information! www.facebook.com/pages/Colorado-Mesa-University-Diversity-Advocacy-and-Health
Sunday August 18, 2013
Can I Kiss You?
Presented by Mike Domitz
University Center Ballroom
5PM, 7PM, 8:30 PM
FREE WITH MAVcard
More than 1250 CMU students attended the Can I Kiss You? presentation - way to go Mavs!!
Note: If you are currently in a situation where you or someone else needs assistance call our Sexual Assault Response Team's (SART) 24 hour hotline number: 970.270.5895.