The Office of Sponsored Programs mission is to provide support to faculty and other University personnel in obtaining and administering external funds for research and other scholarly activities. Research at CMU includes explorations that lead to the discovery and dissemination of new knowledge, the development of new applications of existing knowledge, the development of new paradigms for teaching and learning, and/or the related creative activities in the fine arts.
The Office of Sponsored Programs is responsible for protecting CMU's interests through the review of proposals to external funding agencies, contract and grant award review and negotiation, administration of funds, policy and procedure initiation and implementation, and serving as a liaison to the funding agencies and auditors.
The Office of Sponsored Programs offers the following research services:
- Providing information about federal and non-federal potential sources of funding
- Assisting in the development of proposals to meet funding agency criteria
- Assisting with proposal preparation including budget development
- Providing final clearance for all proposals
- Providing final acceptance of all awards including review and negotiation of award terms and conditions and appropriate execution of the award document
- Acting as a liaison to the funding agencies concerning issues of post-award administration including project extensions, budgetary modifications, and report submission.
- Working with faculty and other personnel to solve problems encountered in accounting, purchasing, personnel, and other areas related to the award.
- Providing training to faculty and other personnel on research related issues and regulations
- In addition, the Office of Sponsored Programs is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, system, and college regulations, laws and policies related to research and external funding of sponsored projects. These regulations include but are not limited to:
The Use of Human Subjects in Research
Roles and Responsibilities of Principal Investigators/Project Directors
Office of Sponsored Programs
Colorado Mesa University
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501-3122