Why is it important to learn Spanish?
- There are over 400 million Spanish speakers world-wide.
- With more than 33 million speakers, Spanish is the second largest language in the United States.
- Hispanics are the largest minority in the United States, with the majority of them being Spanish speakers.
- By learning Spanish, you'll be better able to communicate with Spanish speakers.
- Latin American countries are our most important trading partners.
- Being able to speak Spanish greatly enhances your resume. If you are bilingual you are more competitive in the workplace.
- Whether as a Spanish teacher or that of any discipline, you can make a difference in the field of education. Your language skills will enable you to interact with English Language Learners.
- You can travel to a Spanish-speaking country and really get to know the culture.
- Your ability to understand Spanish enables you to gain important insights which monolinguals cannot.
- As we grow older, our memory begins to fade. Learning a foreign language actually helps keep your memory sharp.
See what others are saying about the importance of learning a foreign language: