How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2017. The application will be available in MAVzone by February 1.
Application and Participation Guidelines
- Students are limited to participating in a maximum of two projects.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applications may be submitted for individual or group presentations.
- All applications must identify a faculty sponsor. You should confirm that the faculty member agrees to sponsor your project prior to completing the application. The faculty sponsor should be a current CMU faculty member.
- Students currently enrolled at Colorado Mesa University or Western Colorado Community College are eligible to apply for participation in the Student Showcase.
- All applications must include an abstract. (See the Abstract Information tab for requirements, formatting guidelines, and examples.) You will copy/paste the abstract text into the "Abstract" field. Your abstract will be published as submitted in the application form. It is your responsibility to carefully review for spelling, formatting and/or content errors.
- Students with a disability are encouraged to apply. For accommodations please contact Jessie at 248-1463 no later than March 1.
To access the online application
The application will be available by February 1.
To complete the application, you will need:
- Your completed abstract, reviewed by your faculty sponsor, and saved as a Microsoft Word (or similar program) document so that you can copy and paste the text into the application.
- The name, email address, and academic department of your faculty sponsor.
Application Instructions for Group Projects
- If you complete the application on behalf of a group of presenters, you will also need each group member's complete first and last name and CMU email address
- Whichever student completes the application on behalf of a group will be considered the primary contact person for the presentation.
- Only one application should be submitted for a group presentation, with the submitting student listing the other group members as co-presenters on the application.
Next Steps: After Submitting the Application
- You will know your submission was successful if you are taken to the confirmation message on this website after your complete the application.
- The faculty member that you list in your application will receive a separate confirmation email.
- The planning committee makes every effort to accommodate all submissions. Once you submit, please plan to be available from 1 - 5 during the afternoon of April 28. Due to the nature of planning an event with 500+ presenters, exact presentation times and locations will not be available until about one week prior to the event.
- Plan to attend the entire session in which you present.
- By mid-April, presenters will receive information via email with details for the Showcase schedule.
- Check this website periodically for new Showcase details.