How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2016
Application and Participation Guidelines
- Students are limited to participating in a maximum of two projects.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applications may be submitted for individual or group presentations.
- All applications must identify a faculty sponsor. You should confirm that the faculty member agrees to sponsor your project prior to completing the application. The faculty sponsor should be a current CMU faculty member.
- Students currently enrolled at Colorado Mesa University or Western Colorado Community College and students who graduated at the end of the Fall 2015 semester are eligible to apply for participation in the Student Showcase.
- All applications must include an abstract. (See the Abstract Information tab for requirements, formatting guidelines, and examples.) You will copy/paste the abstract text into the "Abstract" field. Your abstract will be published as submitted in the application form. It is your responsibility to carefully review for spelling, formatting and/or content errors.
- Students with a disability are encouraged to apply. For accommodations please contact Jessie at 248-1463 no later than March 1.
To access the online application
Click on the "Student Academics" tab
In the "Student Showcase" channel, click "Submit an Application"
To complete the application, you will need:
- Your completed abstract, reviewed by your faculty sponsor, and saved as a Microsoft Word (or similar program) document so that you can copy and paste the text into the application.
- The name, email address, and academic department of your faculty sponsor.
Application Instructions for Group Projects
- If you complete the application on behalf of a group of presenters, you will also need each group member's complete first and last name and CMU email address
- Whichever student completes the application on behalf of a group will be considered the primary contact person for the presentation.
- Only one application should be submitted for a group presentation, with the submitting student listing the other group members as co-presenters on the application.
Next Steps: After Submitting the Application
- You will know your submission was successful if you are taken to the confirmation message on this website after your complete the application.
- The faculty member that you list in your application will receive a separate confirmation email.
- The planning committee makes every effort to accommodate all submissions. Once you submit, please plan to be available from 1 - 5 during the afternoon of April 29. Due to the nature of planning an event with 500+ presenters, exact presentation times and locations will not be available until about one week prior to the event.
- Plan to attend the entire session in which you present.
- By mid-April, presenters will receive information via email with details for the Showcase schedule.
- Check this website periodically for new Showcase details.