Natural Resource Center
The mission of the Natural Resources Center is to promote the adoption of natural resource and land use policies by Federal, State and local governments that support and promote the value of multiple use and sustained yield.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing scientific data and programmatic solutions to guide the development of future policy based on the principles of multiple use and sustained yield.
- Facilitating communication between the public and government agencies through the use of focus groups, structured scoping meetings, and surveys.
- Providing social and economic impact analysis of the effects of natural resource and public lands policies.
- Consulting with land agencies and other government entities regarding how they might best use social science research to enhance their management practices and policy implementation.
- Conducting research to develop new ways to collect, analyze and apply social science data in the area of natural resource management, preservation and allocation.
- Studying the interaction of the public's engagement in particular activities with the outcomes they desire, the settings those activities take place in and the services that support those interests and expectations.
- Putting the "public" in public lands by helping the public articulate their desires to land agencies in a way that will enhance the planning process, and helping the land agencies communicate with the public in a way that will facilitate the public's involvement in all stages of the public policy process.