Frequently Asked Questions
In order to keep a MAVcard in great working conditions, these steps should be followed:
- Avoid putting your MAVcard next to any other card in your wallet. Putting it next to other cards can demagnetize your card and make it ineffective.
- Avoid keeping your card next to your cell phone. A cell phone can demagnetize your card and make it ineffective.
- Please keep your card in an area that the magnetic stripe will not rub against other sharp or rough surfaces.
- Do not bend your card.
- Do not expose the MAVcard to excessive heat.
- Do not punch holes in the card, especially in the magnetic stripe.
However, if it is the MAVmoney that accompanies your Residence Life Meal Plan A or B, it will not rollover at the end of the scholastic year. In between semesters (fall to spring) the money will rollover, but not after the scholastic year has ended.