Frequently Asked Questions
In order to keep a MAVcard in great working conditions, these steps should be followed:
- Avoid putting your MAVcard next to any other card in your wallet. Putting it next to other cards can demagnetize your card and make it ineffective.
- Avoid keeping your card next to your cell phone. A cell phone can demagnetize your card and make it ineffective.
- Please keep your card in an area that the magnetic stripe will not rub against other sharp or rough surfaces.
- Do not bend your card.
- Do not expose the MAVcard to excessive heat.
- Do not punch holes in the card, especially in the magnetic stripe.
However, if it is the money that accompanies your Residence Life Meal Plan, it will not rollover at the end of the scholastic year. In between semesters the money will rollover, but not after the scholastic year has ended.