Brand Strategy and Management
CMU's brand platform helps to define the principle values, and the competitive advantages, of Colorado Mesa University. It is the explanation of, and framework for, our brand. Every effort is made to center all communications around the values in this platform.
The Marketing and Communications Office takes great pride in both the advancement and protection of the CMU brand. We work diligently each day to grow our brand awareness with key target audiences and improving brand perception among all publics, thus positioning CMU as one of Colorado's premier universities, offering students unparalleled value and a college experience that is second-to-none.
CMU is uniquely inspiring a better future.
- Our dedicated, accomplished faculty is focused on teaching.
- Our technologically advanced learning environment enables professors to teach more effectively and students to learn more comprehensively.
- Our intimate classroom settings provide an environment conducive to learning.
- Our diverse curriculum is rooted in experiential learning.
Our natural setting fuels a work hard/play hard mentality, providing opportunities for physical challenges and mental inspiration.
- We provide an education at an incredible value — giving more students the opportunity to learn, grow, and succeed.
The terms below describe the essence of CMU's brand in human terms. To bring focus to our communication efforts, the first five are critical to the manner in which the CMU brand presents itself.
Primary personality attributes: Friendly, Energetic, Competitive, Can-do, Scrappy
- Additionally, CMU's brand personality traits include:
CMU's visual identity includes the logos, colors, typography and photography that bring the brand to life. The visual identity is closely managed by the Marketing and Communications Office.
- Logo usage guidelines
- Logos for download (Full color signature | Full color wordmark only)
- Color and typography usage
For the complete brand and visual identity guidebook, access to logos, photography, video and other assets, please contact Jeremy Smith, senior graphic artist and creative projects manager, at 970.248.1371 or firstname.lastname@example.org.