Ethridge Pottery Collection
The Ethridge Collection of prehistoric southwestern ceramics was donated to Mesa State College in 1988 by Don and Judith Ethridge of Grand Junction. Most of the collection of 22 beautiful ceramic pieces on display in the Special Collections Department of the John U. Tomlinson Library were obtained in eastern Arizona and western New Mexico. The Collection variously represents the Puebloan--Anasazi, Magollon, and Hohokam--occupation of that region from about A.D. 600-1450. Many changes occurred during this time, some of which may be seen in the pottery in this exhibit.