Students in the Athletic Training Program are required to maintain a 2.75 cumulative and major GPA. Students failing to maintain a cumulative and major GPA of 2.75 will be placed on academic probation for one semester. If the cumulative and major GPA remains below 2.75 in the subsequent semester, the student will be dismissed from the Athletic Training Program.
Additional Athletic Training Program requirements for retention include:
- Completion of all supplemental paperwork (see additional expenses above)
- Satisfactorily complete the didactic component, competencies and proficiencies component, and the hour component of each Field and Clinical Experience course before moving on to the next.
- Must receive a grade of C or higher
- Must pass off all associated competencies and proficiencies
- Must meet the required hour requirement (Junior and Senior year semester minimum average = 240 hours, maximum average = 400 hours)
As a representative of the Colorado Mesa University, the Department of Kinesiology, and the Athletic Training Program, the student is responsible for maintaining the standards and expectations established by the program including those published in the Athletic Training Student Handbook. Failure to uphold these standards and expectations, after being so notified, will result in dismissal from the program.