Information Technology serves Colorado Mesa University by strategically deploying technology, enabling the institution to achieve its goals and role as defined by the state as a regional education provider. With dedicated professional support staff, Information Technology provides innovative teaching and learning environments, reliable and secure administrative systems, and access to electronic information to assist a diverse community of students and faculty obtain academic and professional success.
The IT Help Desk is your single point of contact for all IT problems and requests. The IT Help Desk can assist with passwords, network access, email, MAVzone, desktop hardware and software, Desire 2 Learn, telephones and smart classroom technology.
There are several ways to reach the IT Help Desk.
- Create your own help desk ticket. Go to MAVzone, login and click on the IT Help Desk icon at the bottom of the page.
- Call the Help Desk @ 970.248.2111
- Visit the Help Desk at Tomlinson Library, 1st floor, North-East corner.
- Try out the Help Desk FAQ site for answers to common problems: Help Desk FAQs
- Once you are on the FAQ page, click SEARCH to view all FAQs, or use the Category drop-down list, and or the Contains and FAQ# box to help narrow down your search.
To reach the operator from on Campus dial 1000. From off Campus dial 970.248.1020.
Overview of Services
Information Technology & Communications is organized into groups that provide the services listed below.
Computing & Network Systems
- Maintains network file storage, printing and backup
- Provides faculty and student network accounts
- Provides email and spam filtering
- Installs and supports the wireless network
- Maintains Campus administrative software including Banner, College Net R25, My Housing
- Develops custom reports and interfaces for business systems
- Assists in the requirements development, purchase, and implementation of new enterprise software
Computer Support Services
- Establishes desktop computer hardware and software standards
- Maintains hardware and software in all campus computer labs
- Administers the Campus computer replacement plan
- Installs and maintains desktop and laptop computers and desktop software
- Manages all Help Desk Functions, supporting students, faculty, and staff
Telecommunications & Instructional Technology
- Maintains the Campus telephone system
- Maintains the Campus network cabling infrastructure
- Provides access to the Internet
- Installs and supports smart classroom technology
- Supports video conferencing for Distance Education