The goal of the Academic Honors Program in Health Sciences, Nursing is to enable students to increase the depth and rigor of their learning experiences in Nursing (Baccalaureate)
Student seeking admission into the Academic Honors Program in Health Sciences, Nursing must:
- Have completed the first two semesters of the BSN program.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.50 in all courses nursing courses.
Applying to the Program:
To to be considered for admission into the Academic Honors Program in Health Sciences, Nursing, the applicant should submit:
- The Academic Honors Program in Health Sciences, Nursing Application
- An attached summary of no more than one, single-spaced page that
- describes the details of the applicant's scholarly background, community and/or University service, and academic awards; and
- describes briefly why s/he is applying for an academic honors program of study.
Please submit the completed application and the attached summary to the Department of Health Science's Department Head:
Name: Debra Bailey
Graduating with the Academic Honors Program in Health Sciences, Nursing:
- General Requirements:
All students completing an Academic Honors program of study are expected to complete a senior capstone activity. The activity can range from an honor's thesis to a creative work to an undergraduate research project. Additionally, students may be asked to present the results of their activity in a scholarly venue approved by their Academic Honors Program advisor (e.g., CMU's Student Showcase).
- Specific Requirements for Health Sciences, Nursing (Baccalaureate) :
- Complete 9 semester credit hours at the 300 and 400 level according to the following:
- Course in content related to the area of Honors Topics (3) credit hours (may be from another department);
- Course related content through independent study in either theory or clinical (3) credit hours;
- Capstone and project (3 credit hours); the capstone experience will be a formal research process leading to paper that is publishable and presentation at a local, regional, or national conference. Topic, methods, and writing are to be guided and approved by a faculty member.
For More Information:
For more information about the Academic Honors Program in Health Sciences, students are welcome to contact Debra Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.