Online Professional Development for Educators
Colorado Mesa University has partnered with Virtual Education Software, inc. to offer professional development education for teachers online at a pace that fits your schedule. These self-paced courses provide interactive instruction on strategies for teaching students with special behavioral and learning needs and are easy to use. Colorado Mesa University (CMU) recognizes these courses for "ISED 580", graduate in-service credit. CMU graduate in-service credit is graded on a Pass/Fail scale, and is most often used by teachers for re-licensure, in-district salary advancement, or professional development purposes. Present or future graduate students at CMU should note that ISED 580 graduate in-service credit, while valuable, may not be used towards a CMU graduate degree.
TO REGISTER, follow the steps below:
- First, identify the course(s) that you are interested in by reviewing the listing of over twenty course titles, and links to the syllabi. These courses are graded on a Pass/Fail basis. To receive a grade of "Pass", registrants must receive a grade of 70% or better on all assignments. LINK TO COURSES/SYLLABI
- From the choices provided below, identify the semester of registration/transcripting. When selecting the semester, understand that you will be required to have completed the course by the end of the selected semester. When selecting the semester, note these two variables:
- allow two weeks for the grading of assignments.
- the official transcript process occurs at the end of the semester. If a teacher needs official record of completion prior to that date, after submitting all of their assignments, they can request a "confirmation of completion" by contacting Teacher Education at CMU.
SPRING 2017: All course work must be submitted for grading on or before April 18, 2017
SUMMER 2017: All course work must be submitted for grading on or before July 15, 2017
FALL 2017: All course work must be submitted for grading on or before Nov, 18, 2017
- Admission/Registration and Payment. Click here to access the registration form.
- Once your registration and payment have been processed, you will receive an email from Virtual Education Software which will contain a course link and instructions on how to begin their course.
Technical Support for VESi Courses
For technical assistance with all VESi courses, go to http://www.virtualeduc.com/support.php
Note: All questions related to course requirements should be directed to the course instructor or VESi.