Educational Access Services
For Students with Disabilities
(A Division of Advising & Academic Services)
Educational Access Services (EAS) recognizes disability as an aspect of diversity and an integral part of society. We collaborate with students, faculty, staff, and community members to create an accessible higher education community. EAS provides academic accommodations and promotes universal design principles, enabling students with disabilities the opportunity to fully participate in all aspects of the educational environment as successful and independent learners.
How to Obtain Accommodations
If you have a documented disability and want to request accommodations, please:
- Contact the Coordinator of Educational Access Services for more information.
- Make an appointment with the Coordinator to determine what accommodations are right for you. Documentation of the disability will be needed at this time.
- After you have enrolled in your classes make an appointment with the Coordinator, to complete the "Faculty Accommodation Memos." This must be done for each semester in which you are requesting accommodations.
- Any difficulty in receiving accommodations are to be reported immediately to the Coordinator of Educational Access Services.
Students must initiate a request for accommodations by contacting the EAS office. A new request must be made each semester. The student must provide documentation of the disability. Accommodations may be provided on an interim basis while the student is obtaining documentation, at the Coordinator's discretion.
Online students: YES, you can receive accommodations!
Online students with documented disabilities may be eligible for extra time on tests and books in alternate formats.
Service animals are allowed in public areas of the campus. Therapy animals are not allowed inside campus buildings. The service animal policy is at:
Do you have barriers to your career because of your disability?
A counselor from Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation is available to meet with students in EAS offices during the semester. Call 248-1856 to schedule an appointment.
- Located in Houston Hall, Room 108
- Front Desk: 970.248.1856
- Fax: 970.248.1988