Colorado Mesa University proudly complies with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) Principles of Excellence and is committed to supporting those who have served our country. Veterans and their eligible dependents can count on CMU for the current information they need to receive education benefits through the VA.
Colorado Mesa University offers a rigorous and diverse curriculum, delivering a personal, hands-on education in a small-school setting. However, an outstanding education is only one part of what makes attending CMU such a rewarding experience. Student Life offers more than 160 clubs and organizations on campus to help round out the college experience, including the Student Veterans' Association (SVA). The SVA's mission is to create and promote student veteran academic achievement. This is achieved through networking, education, resources, benefits, involvement in campus and community activities.
Steps to enrolling at CMU:
- Apply online for your VA education benefits. This website provides information about the different types of educational programs, pay rates, verification procedures, educational forms and more.
- Apply for admission to Colorado Mesa University after using the GI Bill® Comparison Tool.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges, universities, or military to be sent to Colorado Mesa University.
- Apply for financial aid and/or scholarships.
- Complete the Veteran's Enrollment Certification Request form.
- Attend Orientation (visit with an academic advisor for assistance with class selection and enroll in classes).
- Complete the enrollment verification monthly with the VA if you receive Chapter 30, 1606 or 1607 benefits.
Contact the CMU Veteran's Benefits and Services Coordinator if you have any questions.