Who are the Ambassadors?
The Colorado Mesa University Ambassador Program is comprised of 30 top student leaders that provide prospective students with a firsthand account of college life. An Ambassador's mission is to actively recruit students to Colorado Mesa University by bridging the gap between CMU and external groups.
- By working closely with the Admissions Office, giving tours, making phone calls, administering visitation programs, ect… Ambassadors bridge the gap between CMU and prospective students.
- By showing a presence in the Grand Valley through fundraising, Adopt-a-Hwy, service and philanthropy events, ect… Ambassadors connect CMU and the community.
- By assisting the campus through internal events, leadership development, participating in school spirit events, ect… Ambassadors bridge the gap between the CMU student body and administrative personnel.
An Ambassador is looked upon as the student face of Colorado Mesa University and is held to a higher standard of professionalism, academia, integrity, and respect. An Ambassador has a positive attitude, a willingness to develop and hone their leadership skills, a volunteer spirit, a "team player" mentality, and the motivation to go above and beyond all that is asked of them. Through all of these qualities, an Ambassador takes deep pride in the program, pride in the college, and pride in his/herself.
Become an Ambassador
The Ambassador Program is a full tuition and fees, four-year scholarship. We look for highly motivated students that are outgoing and take pride in their academics and school involvement. To apply you must:
- Have a 3.25 GPA
- Be willing to work between 12-30 hours a week during fall and spring semesters
- Have made significant contributions to his or her school and community
- Be a first-time incoming freshmen
- Have the application packet in by January 15 of your senior year
This is a competitive program but a wonderful opportunity for those high achieving students who love to be involved and help others. Please contact the Ambassador Coordinator, KayRae Little, at 970.248.1514 or email@example.com with any questions or for more information.
Become a Transfer Ambassador
Transfer Ambassadors receive a scholarship for full tuition and fees for 120 total credit hours (this includes credits from previous institutions and credit earned at CMU). We look for highly motivated, outgoing students who take pride in their academics and in getting involved outside of the classroom. To apply you must:
- Be an incoming transfer student from another college or university for the Fall of 2016
- Have a 3.25 GPA in college
- Be willing to work 12-30 hours a week during fall and spring semesters
- Have made significant contributions to your school and community
- Return your application packet by March 1 prior to your CMU fall term start date.
This is a competitive program and a wonderful opportunity for high-achieving students who love to be involved and help others. Please contact the Ambassador Coordinator, KayRae Little, at 970.248.1514 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information.